We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Do you listen to music when riding?

toxic 2 27 Jul 08:35  

Bike:

hi all i was just wondering what sort of music u like to ride to. I like a bit of oasis and if i want to ride a bit quicker maybe a bit of guns n roses.I would like to hear what sort u all like. Thanks Toxic 2

Outrunner 27 Jul 11:14  

Bike:

My Profile
I prefer to listen to what is going on around me.

philipwotton 27 Jul 11:21  

Bike:

I'm not a great fan of listening to music whilst I ride. I feel quite cut off and vulnerable and prefer to hear the noises around me, especially when cycling along the coastal routes.

Ride2win 27 Jul 15:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Idont think i would like to listen to music when I'm out on the roads, but when i'm on the turbo trainer at home , you cant beat the Rocky sound track...lol...

My Latest Route: Jul 2010 Strood to Gravesend Loop

mr.mole 27 Jul 15:57  

Bike:

My Profile
If im on a cycle track with no roads for a fair few miles I put my i-pod on.
At the moment I can not stop listening to Rise Agianst, or Sum 41

steve.d 28 Jul 07:04  

Bike:

Helmets are great, but they don't stop you having a accident. Your ears & eyes are the only senses you have when on a bike, seems silly to take away one of those senses.

In the gym it's a case of something loud & heavy

soren 28 Jul 11:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Cant beat Floyd, but only when it is safe, ie tow paths or cycle lanes.Mind you my singing clears everything out of the way. LOL

captgeoff 28 Jul 12:55  

Bike:

My Profile
None on the road, as above. But, Kraftwork tour de france does it for me on the turbo or the gym.

My Latest Route: Feb 2009 Brabourne to Kingsnorth Circular

scuba6936 29 Jul 05:32  

Bike:

Hi All

No music to busy riding my new caad 8 tiagra

Demon 31 Jul 11:44  

Bike:

My Profile
Like most of the replies, I don't hold with listening to music on ipods whilst riding. We are vulnerable enough without blocking out a valuable sense. I also don't agree with using ipods on trails and towpaths you still need to able to hear whats coming behind you even when off road and even when walking. It really annoys me when I'm riding along a 3 metre wide track and there are three pedestrians with ipods walking side by side, my bell is redundant because of the ipods stopping them hearing me ring it, the same goes for other cyclists riding two abreast on tracks why can't they ride or walk in single file? if they're listing to those infernal devices they aren't engaged in conversation.

Rant over!!

Demon

My Latest Route: May 2010 Circular round Isle Of Anglesey

BusterG 02 Aug 03:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Initially I didnt believe having music on whilst riding was safe.
I have found I can keep the volume low enough to still hear what is going on round me as well as having some music there to listen to when I want to without adjusting the volume all the time.
Having an ipod on doesnt stop cars screaming up behing you.
For off road we have all tried to attract the attention of walkers who are so oblivious to everything around them, I have to wander why they are out walking.
Ride Safe everyone.
:-)
Buster
Oh Yeah Toxic - something with a beat does it for me.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

SethNelson 11 Aug 13:56  

Bike:

My Profile
wow cooL! txh try https://zeroqt.com/pubkey-63986448e8d07
[url=https://zeroqt.com/pubkey-63986448e8d07]https://zeroqt.com/pubkey-63986448e8d07[/url]

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.