We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling books

E.C. Ryder 29 Aug 05:18  

Bike:

My Profile
I`ve just finished `One man and his bike` by Mike Carter, a good read about his 5,000 mile cycle ride around the coast of Britain.
And about to start on `Obessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder` by Dave Barter.

Sciurus Vulgaris 30 Aug 15:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Dear EC

I found a copy of Anne Mustoes book "Lone Traveller" in a skip at the Elephant and Castle. Best thing I've ever found in a skip. Ever felt your not fit enough, not good enough a cyclist, not experianced enough at camping etc to do a major trip? LT is about her second trip around the world.
I'm now reading her first book (I actually bought this one!)called "A Bike Ride", She retired, bought a bike and cycled around the world on her own at 54! Her idea of following the ancient trading routes is great. I'm off next week, if I can find someone to look after the business, wife and kids!

The ISBN for "A Bike Ride" is: 978-0-86369-650-3

Have Fun!

My Latest Route: Aug 2012 Medway East Kent Circuit

derek f 30 Aug 16:35  

Bike:

I finished one man and his bike a few weeks ago. great read. i can recommend Mud,Sweat and Gears (cycling from lands end to john o'groats via the pub) by Ellie Bennett.

BusterG 04 Sep 10:47  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read "Mountainbike like a champ" by Ned overend (really!)
Also recently read Marc Beaumonts' book "The man who cycled the Americas" about his trip from North to South (Alaska to Tierra del Fuego).

Neither were particularly inspiring I think I will advice on what to read from you guys.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.