We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Boardman bikes - Halfords

annieslandmissile 21 Jun 11:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Just got a C. Boardman bike and although i ve not had a proper long cycle run on it, as the weather has been really bad recently! The bike looks and feels awesome!! Had a 30 min cylce on it and very light and smooth ride!! Defo would recommend their bikes!

dudley 22 Jun 11:49  

Bike:

My Profile
preaching to the converted. A great machine.
mine has a few thousand miles under its belt and still going strong

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

vigomag 22 Jun 13:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Had my hybrid about 8 weeks , only issues is the bloody squeaky brakes but advised by Halfrauds that this will settle down oh had problems getting onto the "granny cog" not that I really needed it ha otherwised chuffed with the bike,just need some black shorts to go with the bike !

8pete 23 Jun 03:35  

Bike:

My Profile
what you had road or mtb?

either way they always get great reviews and hope you enjoy it :)

i know when i was after a road bike i ended up getting a planet x but the boardman was def my second choice...

though if the shop put it together id get it checked over by yourself or your local LBS!!!!

annieslandmissile 23 Jun 20:45  

Bike:

My Profile
I got the Team Road Bike 2011 and can t wait to get out on it!! I ve had a couple of mtb and hybrids in the past, but went for a ROAD bike now. Although I ve not had it long (2 weeks) and not had a chance to put in some proper mileage, i have every confidence in this bike & boardman!! Looks AWESOME!!

dudley 24 Jun 02:57  

Bike:

My Profile
yes, they have been around for a couple of years now.
It is testament to the quality of the product that it sells so well, despite Halfords being involved.

They really are a shambolic organisation. Other than the Boardman range, the only reason you could possibly find to go into Halfords would be to find a fake exhaust, pseudo-carbon filler cap for a souped-up 1993 Vauxhall Nova SRi, or range after range of uneccessary auto-cleaning produts. This is commensurate with the knowledge of most of the staff.

do NOT take Halfords up on their offer of a free 6 week service.
THey'll trash your bike.
Get it down to your LBS, or do it yourself.

(and relax...!)

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

alas58 24 Jun 12:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Yes I did look at the Boardman MTB, but was put off by all the negative comments about Halfords, so bought a speciallized from the Edinburgh co-operative, who gave me the opportunity to have a quick try on the bike.

It was a shame that none of my local bike dealers did not offer this, anyway hope you enjoy your new bike.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.