We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Bike route posted, but pointers mixed up

rook 29 Oct 19:37  

Bike:

My Profile
I posted a route yesterday and filled it with quite a few blue pointers incase people wanted to try it out, but unfortunately they seem to have become mixed up on the map.
I apologise for this if anyone comes across it, im not sure how this happened!

My Latest Route: Oct 2011 Worthing to Arundel
syswatkn 04 Nov 23:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Same thing happened to me. I edited the verbal description to point out the problem, but it'd have been preferable to be able to edit the map.

My Latest Route: Nov 2011 Reading Circular Via Sherfield On Loddon

STID 05 Nov 09:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Two years ago I had about 15 new routes I wanted to post for others who might be interested.

I started my first route and after about 5 miles my road route started to go off road and through ploughed fields and woods. No matter what I tried or how much I tried to right and correct the problem, it persisted. The pointers would not stay on the road route after a certain point.

If I rmemeber correctly someone else at the time had a similar problem so I gave up and have not bothered posting a new route since. I do not remember he even got a relpy to his problem.

Sorry I could not be of more help but only exasperate the problem.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

rook 05 Nov 21:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Don't worry about it, i think i will just post the route 'line' and not add pointers.
Its a bit frustrating as there are times on some well known routes where a signpost is missing and you go the wrong way etc.
After a few experiences with this sort of thing i wish i could warn others!
One case in point is on the Monarchs Way where a sign post has been snapped off before warningcamp and arundel :(

My Latest Route: Oct 2011 Worthing to Arundel

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.