We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Best way of keeping your feet dry

txbnet 04 Mar 16:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Having been caught in a torrential downpour which just went on and on, many miles from home today, I was ok with my waterproof jacket and over trousers, but alas my feet got a complete and very uncomfortable soaking.... worst news was I was riding a MTB without mudguards and every large puddle that I couldn't avoid, ended up on my footwear. Result... within a few minutes my feet were completely soaking throughout the remainder of my journey, horrible squelchy socks inside. I usually cope quite well with whatever the weather but today was a complete downer, miserable, cold, shivering! Anyone got any foolproof ideas? I guess if I had a couple of polythene bags and some dry socks, I could have stopped and changed my socks in a bus shelter and then places the bags over the socks before putting the wet shoes back on. Bad preparation let me down!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham
gipa 04 Mar 17:00  

Bike:

My Profile
i went to parkhead this morning got caught in it .i was soaking through by the time i got back to annfield plain :( feet felt like they had frost bite with being locked in .

rustyspoke 06 Mar 14:50  

Bike:

My Profile
Over boots any cycling shop will sell or on web @ Evans or Wiggle

spaceman 07 Mar 12:00  

Bike:

My Profile
I found good overshoes are ok ish, but still gets in. I have just purchased some SealSkinz socks? waiting for the rian now to test them, will not have to wait too long i guess.

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

soren 11 Mar 04:35  

Bike:

My Profile

last year on my C2C I used neopreen overshoes, I used them previously and my feet stayed warm and dry, however on the very first day of our C2C when having our photo's taken at the start the sea was a little choppy and a wave made its way up the ramp (those of you who have done Whitehaven-C2C will know what I mean)the water only just reached us so our soles were in water and my feet got drenched through the Cleat holes, rest of the day was uncomfortable, i guess my point is that water will make its way through anything that has a hole in it.
We live in Britain, it rains, enjoy it.

Captain13 13 Mar 17:15  

Bike:

My Profile
i bought overshoes from decathlon and as the previous poster said, the rain does get in.. i got caught in a similar way in January and ended up losing total feeling in my feet, it was horrific..

the best way oddly is carrier bags over your trainers if it starts raining and wrap a few alastic bands (im a postie so ive got loadsa them lol) around the bottom to the top of the foot for grip and to stop the bags flapping, it works superbly i can confirm!

if you have clip shoes i guess it may be a bit of a stumbling block

:-)

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 North Cheshire Loop

txbnet 13 Mar 19:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for all the comments. I guess if you don't mind what you look like then carrier bags will do the trick! Simple, cheap, effective. I'm a little surprised that the expensive overshoes don't do more to keep the rain out. Having given up golf when I found the joys of cycling, I never got wet feet on the golf course whatever the weather, there was so much to choose from with FootJoy the main manufacturer. How come cycling manufacturers have been so poor at producing something that locks out water full stop. We don't really want to be cycling with flapping Sainsbury bags around our feet surely!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

flacohandsome 07 Jun 03:43  

Bike:

My Profile
There is no better remedy than adequate shoes, of course. I tried a lot of brands, from Nike to Masseys with their excellent masseys customer service , and I came to conclusion that nothing fits me better than Patagonia and VF Corp, just my personal preference.

jack00 09 Apr 12:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Inflatables are a great way to add fun and excitement to any outdoor event or party. Whether it's a bounce house, an inflatable water slide, or an inflatable obstacle course, these products create a fun and safe environment for kids and adults alike. https://inflatableaddition.com/best-inflatable-water-slides/

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.