We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Best cycle route Bath to Exmoor National ark

fogfreeman 07 Aug 12:49  

Bike:

Please can someone advice me what is a good route to Exmoor Natiional Park from Bath.

Things such as cheap but cheerful accommodation along the way would really help. as well as the quickest way back to Bath

Thanks in advance
Carol F

vandad 07 Aug 19:09  

Bike:

Hi Carol,
When I was student at Bath uni we did this, but to Ilfracombe.

The route is not explainable here, but do cycle to the coast (we cycled from Bath to near Clevedon and then from there we almost cycled along the coast (not exactly but the route you will get if you are close to the coats is fairly flat).

Do go with a buddy.

fogfreeman 08 Aug 03:10  

Bike:

thanks vandad...

Why do you say go with some one ? Is it isolated or ?

As I am new in this country I still so need to find cycle buddies.

I am not based in Bath but do a few weeks work in Bath ever so often and this is where my mountain bike is stored as well.

Being a crazy out door South african I have to get out and cycle to keep my sanity.
and this country is so geared for us cyclists

As its not safe in my home country to do these things on my own I need to know why you say "take a buddy".

Tks
Carol F

vandad 08 Aug 19:19  

Bike:

Hi,

Nowhere is 100% safe! no matter where. When we did this route, we decided to avoid traffic as much as we could. So we went through lots of country roads, and if you are planning to do it you should do it during the daylight.

You better avoid main roads there, as they are full of massive lorries and it annoys you.

Drop me a line so I tell you more about the route:

nata199@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,

fogfreeman 09 Aug 05:59  

Bike:

gee thanks VanDad. I sure appreciate your advice and future help.

Will email you ....

Coming from S.A. I know about security and doing anything on ones own.
Take care and happy cycling

Carol F

Mark Bayliss 09 Aug 09:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Carol,

This might be a bit of a long way around but its scenic and avoids too many sttep climbs:

Bath->Bradford-on-Avon (using canalside cycle path)->Dilton Marsh->Warminster (via Upton Scudamore) -> Maiden Bradley (via Longbridge Deverill) -> Kilmington (visit Stourhead?) -> Bruton -> Castle Cary -> keinton Mandeville->Bridgwater (could go via Langport & Burrowbridge) -> Stogursey -> Wset Quantoxhead (on A39 but great views)->Watchet -> Dunster ->Minehead/Porlock

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Sandwich Faversham Sandwich

jack00 28 Mar 14:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Buying a toilet is an important decision, and it’s one you’ll want to get right. With the right information and research, you can find the perfect toilet to fit your needs, budget, and space. [url=https://toiletroomguide.com/best-composting-toilet/]https://toiletroomguide.com/best-composting-toilet/[/url]

jack00 28 Mar 14:36  

Bike:

My Profile
First of all, you should determine the type of toilet you need. Toilets come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and you’ll want to make sure you find one that fits your space. Consider the size and shape of the room, taking measurements if needed, to make sure you choose the right size. https://toiletroomguide.com/best-composting-toilet/

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.