We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Anniesland - Carron Valley

annieslandmissile 06 Mar 09:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Starting from Anniesland Cross, I did this route today and loved it! Mainly because its on very quiet, rural roads and picteresque.

Went up to Strathblane (on main road) but as you turn to Lennoxtown its a nicer quiet road and then even quieter when i turned and climbed up the campsies (up the crow road). Then the descent over the back of the Campsie s is awesome! taking you almost to Fintry, but I turned just before Fintry towards Denny and rode over some nice road passing along the Carron Valley Reservoir. Getting to the Carron bridge hotel you can either go left up to Stirling (8miles) or right to Kilysth (6 miles) on the Take-ma-doon road.

I turned right towards Kilsyth and head back to via Torrance, Bishopbriggs, Possilpark, Maryhill, down to Byres Road & back to Anniesland.

All in 45 miles!

BusterG 07 Mar 05:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
Are you going to put it in using the mapping tool? you can help educate me on UK geography comming from SA a lot of UK places are a mystery to me.
I never knew there was a place called Anniesland, I just thought your partner was called Annie and you fancied yourself as a landmissile.
Laters.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

annieslandmissile 07 Mar 07:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Ha lol i like it!! Yeah i just put the missile bit in for a bit of fun. (after the Manx Missile) but yeah Anniesland is located in the West End of Glasgow, UK.

Thanks for the advice on the use of the mapping tool, i ve just used it and added the route so hopefully it comes up soon.

To give you a rough idea it starts in Glasgow and goes out to Stirling, Scotland.

I ll need to come down south and explore that other half of the UK (England!)

Thanks, Cheers

Doug

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.