We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Liverpool to Leeds canal

geeka 16 Jan 08:46  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi everyone,

We are doing 2 days charity bike ride on 25/26th June. Does anyone know of a campsite around the halfway point, there doesnt seem to be much because of where it is? we need somewhere to cook certain foods for some of our party so a travelodge or such like isnt suitable.

Also any hints or tips for me!

Thanks

qwiksilver 18 Feb 15:48  

Bike:

My Profile
first tip DON'T FALLL IN
but you could try here for a place to stay i dont know how far or what area you will get to but the five locks has a hotel
http://www.waterscape.com/canals-and-rivers/leeds-and-liverpool-canal/holidays

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 16:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,
Good luck with this ride.This was my first 'biggy' back in May and it took us 3 days, (only because I wasn't up to my mates speed.) Nearly fell in a couple of times and was jumped on by a cat hiding at one of the bridges. Little b***** wont do that again as I nearly threw it in the canal with fright!
Really enjoyed it even with all the mishaps I had and the fab bruises. Make sure you stop at Barnoldswick for a bite to eat or the best brew. I think its a camp site with a shower room too. Good luck, Ali x

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Warrington to Preston

qwiksilver 18 Feb 16:29  

Bike:

My Profile
that was the attack cat they only release that when ppl dont pay the troll ;)

Shy but Daft 18 Feb 16:34  

Bike:

My Profile
lmao. Are you stalking me? lol . yeah next time. I'm ready for the little B***** and WILL throw it in by the tail. x

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Warrington to Preston

qwiksilver 18 Feb 16:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Are YOU stalking ME? thats what i thought when i saw your response under mine they say great minds think alike but they also say fools never differ draw from this what you will.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.