We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

C2C Cumbria Yorkshire question

nicolas99 13 Apr 07:40  

Bike:

Hello all,

We are three belgium friends planning a to go cycling throuhg England beginning of May. We wanted to do a C2C but going through the three national Parks : Lake district-Dales-Noth York Moors. The only C2C we could find was Whitehaven-Newcastle.
We were wondering of anybody knew a route through Cumbria and Yorkshire or had any advice?
We planned to start from somewhere between Millom and Whitehaven on the west coast and reach Whitby in 4-5 days. We ride hybrids and plan to ride while enjoying the landscape a bit:).
The full idea is to arrive in Hull, take a train from Yorke, ride from West coast to Whitby and go down the East coast back to Hull in 7,5 days.

Thanks a lot for your help
rgds
Nicolas

hookhai 13 Apr 13:00  

Bike:

My Profile

I've never done but I have heard of a company that organise cycle holidays providing a cycle version of the famous Wainwright walk from St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay going through all three parks. The website is below.

Hope this is what you are looking for

http://www.c2cpackhorse.co.uk/

darrenR 13 Apr 13:27  

Bike:

Hi Nicolas

there is the w 2 w route starting off at Walney island barrow in furness just south of Millom. the route splits and can finish in Wearmouth Sunderland or you can head to Whitby. Last summer a group of us did the whitby route over three days on raod bikes very enjoyable scenery (when it was dry). Have a look at http://cyclingw2w.info/

hope this helps darren

nicolas99 15 Apr 12:33  

Bike:

Dear both,

Thank you very much for your kind responses.
This is very helpful.
We are now ready to enjoy the sunny weather and challenges of the C2C.

Kind rgds

Nicolas

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.