We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

A beginner!

Tinks2012 01 Jan 15:35  

Bike:

Hi,

I have just been given a lovely Hybrid bike for Christmas, as I wanted to take up cycling as a regular hobby.

I don't know too many routes, so if anyone can advise of any starting in Sunderland, I'd be grateful,

Thanks!

waynenortheast 01 Jan 18:23  

Bike:

My Profile
hello tinks,
i live in south shields and like to get out as much as possible looking for cycling buddy
what part of sunderland r u from what kind of road off road u want to do?
wayne

Tinks2012 02 Jan 07:47  

Bike:

Hi Wayne,

I live quite near Durham road, I'm not really too bothered at the minute what roads/routes I ride, I'm looking really at first to build up my fitness till I get a better idea of what I enjoy.

Sophie

HardRockPro 03 Jan 11:50  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Sophie,

There is a family cycle group that ride from the Silksworth Sports Complex every Sunday 9:15am for a 9:30am start. The group will give you a good grounding in NCN routes, perfect for the beginner.

Regard Dave

My Latest Route: Feb 2012 33 Mile Round Trip From Felling, Tyne & Wear

vigomag 03 Jan 13:50  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Sophie hope you get good use of the bike especially when the weather gets better , and you will find most of us here are a friendly bunch

There's also the cycle hub at Newcastle who do social rides every 2nd Sat of the month, not sure if you have the transport to get there.

Have a look at Sky Ride as there are a few rides aimed mainly for Ladies and a few local groups althought TBH never had any luck there myself.

If you near Durham you can always make your way to Herrington Park and ride around there and I understand theres a cafe there too now!

Never tried the Sunderland family group myself.

Hope you have fun if and when you venture out

Phil

waynenortheast 05 Jan 13:45  

Bike:

My Profile
hi sophie
let me know when of if you'd like to go cycling i ride weekends and evenings even dark nights
rgds
wayne

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.