We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Wanted In Kent (But Please Read)

Livestrong1 29 Mar 11:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, My Name is Jon, Ive not long got back into cycling after a recent Thyroid Condition, now back in training/riding.

Heres the deal, Im looking for 9 other cyclist(men or women)from beginner to intermeditae, two support staff, someone with great neutrition knowledge, a medic (at some point) and a great coach to give some time and traing and freely give of their time.

Ok Why I here you ask............well I want to put together a great team to ride with, and to ride the entire 2007 Tour de France route in the next 24 months (allowing for some good training, My reason for beginners and Intermeditae riders is so that we all grow in our cycling ability together, but here why, I want to ride this to raise money for Diabetes charities, as this is very close to my heart as I lost an Uncle to diabetes related ill health. and top rasie awareness about diabetes as its not a outwardly visible illness, people look fine from the outside, but it can take your eyesight, you can lose limbs, your heart is under threat etc.

I have also been intouch with some cycle mags, to see if they will be willing to follow our progress from traing to the ride its self, and I have had some positive feedback from them, but before I can go ahead with anything else I need to put this goup of people together.

You will need to be able to take three weeks out of your life to do the ride its self.

All I ask is that you will stick at it, support eachother from beging in traing to the ride its self, stay positive and give it your all, Im not asking anyone to become the next Lance Armstrong, I just want to prove that a bunch of ordinary cyclist can do this and raise some cash too for a great cause, But most of all I want everyone to have FUN and ENJOY the whole process from start to finish.

So What do you say................!! Come along on this journey with me.
Thanks for reading

With Much Warmth
Jon
Contact me at jongriffin22@aol and in the suject bar type RIDE

Thanks again
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully Meeting you.

My Latest Route: Apr 2011 Maidstone to Brenchley Loop
Nick8646 29 Mar 17:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi there,
Your email seems to be not working.
My name is Nick and live in medway kent and would love to hear a little more about the ride as i my self have only just started to ride as i have just lost 9st after haveing a gastric bypass.

please send me the dates for the ride and any info like where you are training, may be i could join you?

kind regards

Nick

citrus 06 Apr 12:53  

Bike:

Hi,

This sounds like great fun and for a very good cause. Im up for it however Im at university most of the time, away from home, which by the way is Bromley. So this may restrict when I can train with you guys. So Ill be able to help you out if you're struggling for numbers, but drop me out if your overbooked!

Best of luck getting your team together!
Jeremy

captgeoff 07 Apr 04:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Sounds a great challenge, would be interested but at 63 may find it tough, but maybe train with you and see how it goes.

Geoff

My Latest Route: Feb 2009 Brabourne to Kingsnorth Circular

leekingston 09 May 16:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Jon,
I'm just getting back into cycling after many years off and am joining forums like this. I realize this was posted some time ago but it caught my attention as doing the tdf route is an am bition of mine and as I lost my mum to diabetes, it's clearly a great cause. If this project is still on the go and you are still looking for people, let me know and we can talk. I live in Medway
Cheers

Lee

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Medway Circular

Suspect999 28 Apr 01:40  

Bike:

Interesting read. Any updates ? I'm quite intrigued by this.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.