We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

New club in North London/ Barnet/Potters Bar

kieranmcs 03 Nov 13:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Interested in joining a club but dont have the time/inclination to fully commit? Do you like to cycle around south Herts - Essendon/Hertford/Burnham Green area /etc? Are you relatively new to cycling, have afew years under your belt and have given up the idea of cycling the tour de france ! Do you enjoy a medium cycle ride broken up with a coffee in country pub/town.Thinking about setting up a club for the casual cyclist - r u interested? Please let me know.

My Latest Route: Sep 2011 High Barnet/Potters Bar Loop
Wolverine 09 May 18:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,

Just found your message on cycle routes and wondered if you had got anywhere with the casual cyclist club idea?

It sounds very much like what I am looking for. I live in central London but HATE cycling about the city and long for nice stretches of quiet countryside roads without traffic lights! I was thinking of catching a train out towards Luton or Bedford and doing loops around there but I don't know the area and would really like to have some buddies to ride with.

I have been a bit lazy with the cycling over the last few years and just got back into it. I have been doing a few 20 mile routes with work colleagues but I want something more challenging and at a better pace. I ride a hardtail mountain bike with slick tyres and can average 16-18 mph on most roads.

Please let me know if you have managed to get anyone together or if you know of any clubs in the London area that would offer this type of riding.

Thanks,

Tim

hazelkg 01 Dec 16:26  

Bike:

Hello
I'm new to cycling but am going to be doing a long distance ride in May so need to start training. I'm not particularly confident and am looking for someone to take me up to Leighton Buzzard from Crouch End area, as a guide. I'm happy to pay for your time of course! Is this something any one would consider?!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.