We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling Buddies near Nantwich/Crewe (Cheshire)

ccsharry 19 Nov 14:30  

Bike:

Are there any mountain and road bikers around Nantwich?

There doesn't seem to be a cycling club in here so it's not so easy to meet another bikers.

davey26 21 Nov 15:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi mate,

Im in cheshire not far from nantiwch. Never ridden round that area though...you got any favourite routes? How far do you like to ride on your road bike?

Cheers
Dave

ccsharry 21 Nov 15:25  

Bike:

Hi Dave,

I'm still exploring the area. I've been to Whitchurch, Market Drayton and Windsword... I spend more time on the mountain bikes but when I get on the road bike I do about 30 miles ride. Of course I could go further but I get bored pedalling on my own!

Where do you go mostly?

Harry

davey26 21 Nov 15:33  

Bike:

My Profile
so you moved into the area harry?

Likewise 30 - 40 miles on my todd is about enough for me. Keen on upping the millage though. I tend to head off in the opposite direction across to congleton and leek (peak district for the hill.....cheshire for the flats). I got an 2010 specialized FSR and a 2011 allez roadie. Tend to ride them 50 / 50 What do you ride harry?

ccsharry 21 Nov 15:41  

Bike:

Hey Dave,

I haven't been to peak district on my road bike yet as I go there with my mtn bike. I guess it's a much better area for roadie as Cheshire is indeed flat! Upping the mileage sounds good as I need to build better fitness... for mtn biking :P

I probably ride 90/10 bias towards mtn biking as I have work mates to go with. May be we have the same bikes? I have a 2010 Specialized FSR XC Pro, a Cotic Soda and a 2010 Specialized Allez.

Harry

davey26 21 Nov 15:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Bizarre! we have the same bikes. Mines an FSR xc pro to. mines done a fair few miles and now has an annoying constant clicking. Any ideas? Not the pivots as does it even when shock is locked. Theres a good route round macclesfield forest. I woundnt say im an extreme mountain biker......just the normal tracks and forest roads. but many a time am i glad i got a rear shock with the state of the roads! ha

ccsharry 21 Nov 16:03  

Bike:

What colour is your Allez? Mine is red :P

Well... If it is from the shock area, I would suggest it is the shock bush... Try holding the top or bottom of the shock mount, keep the bike on the ground but pull the saddle up... you may feel a movement if there's a play in the mount... which means the bush (or any bearing) is gone! It's a fiver to get it replaced in a bike shop.

I had the click and got it fixed by replacing the shock top bush... but then the shock blown from a ride down to Cannock! The damping seal was gone and pissed all the oil to the ground! Now I'm waiting Mojo to get it serviced! I guess it is a necessity to do an annual shock service...

Harry

davey26 21 Nov 16:15  

Bike:

My Profile
DOH I thought it sounded odd you saying oil pissing out!? I have the xc Comp with the air shock not oil. Im Cheap!!! ha will check the pivots......i think its bottom bracket though.

My allez is white and red. pritty stock at the min but intend on upgrading the brakes.

whens you next ride?

ccsharry 21 Nov 16:24  

Bike:

There is oil in the air shock! The oil is for damping while the air is for compression and rebound.

BB... I had mine replaced as well... Just check all the bolts tightness and the pedals. They might just gone a bit loose. I actually have replaced a lot of things on my FSR XC...

Nothing planned until next weekend. How about you?

Harry

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.