We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

bad weather

web1deb 26 Mar 03:59  

Bike:

All signed up to do C2C this weekend. Got the warm waterproof gear but no idea if tracks are passable. Anyone got any idea??? Deborah

loafer 26 Mar 06:37  

Bike:

My Profile
hi Deborah
this forum will give you all that you need http://c2c.freeforums.org/

Re: March Weather Conditions
by Hoverjumper » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Andy,
The ride went great and I really enjoyed it, here's a quick summary of weather and conditions, I'll post some info on Accomodation in the appropriate thread.

13 Mar. Glorious summery 1st day Whitehaven to Penrith.
2nd Day, Penrith to Rookhope. I tried the off road section prior to the Hartside climb from Five Road Ends to Selah Bridge but is was very rough and icy so had to push the bike a lot. The climb up to Hartside on the road was in driving snow but road surface was OK.
As per my earlier post the road between Garrigill and Nenthead was snow covered and compacted by cars making it unrideable in places and treacherous on the descent into Nenthead. The Alston option would have been better.
Nenthead-Allenheads-Rookhope all fine. Very exposed on Black Hill summit but roads ok.

Day 3, Rookhope-Stanhope-Sunderland. Stopped at Parkhead Station Cafe and was advised by proprietor that the Waskerley Way from there to Consett was impassable due snow so had to take the road through Casleside to Consett missing the viaduct. Again the roads were fine.
The long downhill cruise to Sunderland was a welcome relief for my legs. No issues really, I got a bit lost in Sunderland and missed out on the bit along the river bank, look out for the signs!

A great experience, can't wait for next time!"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels." ~ Heinz Stucke, German long-distance touring cyclist
Hoverjumper

best of luck stay swell and ride safe :-) ..... larry

mahindoll807 30 Aug 07:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Awesome blog. I have read and thought about what you said. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
American psycho coat

OKBet 04 Sep 03:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Very interesting information! Perfect just what I was looking for! My site:
What's Wrong with Playing on Illegal Gambling Sites?

andrewmark 21 Oct 05:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello, I read this nice article. I think You put a best effort to write this perfect article. I appreciate your work. thank you so much.
Yellowstone Merchandise UK

stumbleguys 23 Oct 04:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks to reading this article, I have gained new knowledge, thank you very much flagle

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.