We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

almost died on Brixton Hill this evening :-o (South London UK)

raleighboy 12 Dec 12:45  

Bike:

I had to attend a physio (o the irony) at Dulwich today so cycled from Clapham Park - took a google cycle route over Brockwell Park. Part of the route runs along Jebb Avenue (Brixton Prison) then crosses Brixton Hill at traffic lights to Elm Park Road towards the park eventually. That junction is filled with green paint all over the place, I had no idea it was a death trap waiting to spring.

On my way home, I stopped at the Elm Park lights beside a van which was inching onto the green all the while, then starting to indicate left - which would kill me - so I moved forward also to where the driver (I hoped) could see me. Then I noticed a car coming out of Jebb Avenue indicating right - so he would turn smack into me as I cycled across the junction, getting pretty dark (and busy) now about 4.30pm. I kept thinking, this is a cycle route, I checked it, and all that green paint all over the place?

Then the lights changed, I let the facing vehicle go because I did not want to die, I do not know what the van was doing behind, no worries as long as he was not running me down, he must have squeezed round behind me as I was allowing the car to turn up Brixton Hill, I kept cautiously proceeding forwards with the green light in my favour. To my horror a second car sped out of Jebb Avenue and turned right, the car was coming straight into my right side, I had no time to power-peddle out of the way, I just prayed the driver would see me. The driver did see me, or I wouldn't be typing this, I'd probably be on a marble slab.

I write this to alert anyone else who uses this route over Brixton Hill and to ask if there is a safer way across for cyclists please? I don't know if this is a formal cycle route although it is painted cycle green at the junction. The TFL route finder didn't work when I put in the details of my journey. Google plots a cycle path over Brockwell Park to Herne Hill to Dulwich. Herne Hill is so dangerous I dismount and walk the bike over several junctions to Half Moon Lane.

RB

seomind 05 Mar 10:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. Cheddar Flow Review

seomind 05 Mar 10:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Cheddar Flow Review

seomind 05 Mar 10:16  

Bike:

My Profile
What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up. Cheddar Flow Review

seomind 05 Mar 10:22  

Bike:

My Profile
This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post Investors Observer Review

seomind 05 Mar 10:27  

Bike:

My Profile
It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. Investors Observer Review

jack00 17 Aug 23:09  

Bike:

My Profile
French door refrigerators take it a step further by combining the side-by-side design with a bottom freezer, offering even more storage space and flexibility. best energy-efficient refrigerator 2022

mahindoll807 23 Aug 06:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I really like the way that you have expressed yourself. There is a lot to be admired from this post. You might want to click on Bomber Jacket Barbie

andrewmark 24 Aug 08:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Excellent article. The writing style which you have used in this article is very good and it made the article of better quality.
Barbie Jacket

larrymartin1job 22 Nov 06:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for sharing your harrowing experience on this cycle route. It's crucial to raise awareness about potential dangers. Have you considered reporting the specific issues you encountered to local authorities or cycling advocacy groups for safer infrastructure? Stay safe out there!
Home Painting Services in Jacksonville FL

Fancy2020 27 Dec 08:35  

Bike: Mingdun 29'

My Profile
interesting post, thank you

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.