We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling Oxford to Abindgon/Didcot

jennie.badger 02 Feb 07:33  

Bike:

Hi there,
I am new to cycling and moving to the Oxfordshire area soon. Initially I'll be living in Abingodn, and I am hoping to try cycling from Abingdon to Oxford daily as a commute. Has anyone done this and how is it? Any hills etc?

I will be moving to Didcot later in the year and wonder if that is also a possible commute by bike - Didcot to Oxford?
Any suggestions or tips welcome! Thanks :-)

STID 02 Feb 10:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I am assuming you mean road as opposed to off road. Abingdon to Oxford is between 6 to 8 miles depending how far you travel into Oxford, is a nice commute. No hills but a slight climbs at best. If you know the back road then you can avoid traffic for at least half to two thirds of your journey. The route I take is along the Wootton Rd, right onto Sunningwell road, left onto Oxford road, down Hinksey hill onto the roundabout, then the path to avoid the roundabout traffic and your are mostly there.
If you want to do the ride with me showing you the way for the first time, PM me and we can sort something out.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

jennie.badger 08 Feb 08:06  

Bike:

That's great, thanks for the info! Do you ever go via Kennington road?
And roughly how long does the ride take you every day?
Thanks!

STID 08 Feb 19:43  

Bike:

My Profile
I used to but the road condition is awful, very busy, lots of parked cars either side of the road, two schools, buses and a co-op with a delivery lorry during the morning rush hour.

Nerves of steel or best avoided.

You can also go Cothill Rd, Honeybottom Lane round the back of Abingdon airfield, Fox Lane, up the hill to Foxcombe Rd then down Hinksey Hill.

Should take between 10 to 20 minutes depending on route and speed you cycle. Also depends on what part of Oxford you are going to.

Good luck.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Abingdon to Long Crendon and Long Hanborough Loop.

maryannlee 10 Aug 02:28  

Bike:

My Profile
Having recently completed the Oxford to Abingdon/Didcot cycling route, I was left wondering, is edreams legit ? as I was planning my next biking adventure. The picturesque landscapes and smooth paths made the ride an absolute delight. The route offered a unique blend of historical charm and natural beauty, making it a must-visit for any cycling enthusiast. The information I gathered from other cyclists on the forum proved incredibly helpful in making confident travel arrangements.

OKBet 04 Sep 03:45  

Bike:

My Profile

We have a site for sports games. You must be interested. 6 deck blackjack online

johnmic629 24 Oct 02:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Awesome blog. I have read and thought about what you said. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!Carmy jacket the bear

andrewmark 24 Oct 08:16  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you...
Johnny Lawrence Jacket

Fancy2020 27 Dec 08:39  

Bike: Mingdun 29'

My Profile
Hello, good job. I think it's a good route

colorgame 12 Jan 02:28  

Bike:

My Profile
Nagpapasalamat ako sa impormasyong ito. Kakacheck ko lang ng iyong website at nakita ko itong puno ng interesante at kapaki-pakinabang na impormasyon. Hindi na ako makapaghintay na basahin pa ang iyong marami pang articles. gamezone
duo fu duo cai

nestsmart 12 Jan 02:30  

Bike:

big thank you for shedding light on nest camera log in! This article is a must-read for anyone with a Nest camera. Shoutout to the camera Login service provider for their exceptional support, making home security a stress-free experience.

Lorexitech 12 Jan 04:30  

Bike:

Your article is a revelation! The lorex sign in guidance is fantastic. A special shoutout to the Lorex Login service provider for their exceptional assistance. Their expertise has made the entire home security process a breeze. Highly recommended!

kelliegraves 24 Feb 06:05  

Bike:

SassaStatusCheck-Online.co.za represents a significant step towards digitizing and modernizing SASSA services, making them more accessible and efficient for the citizens of South Africa. By leveraging technology to streamline application processes.
Check SASSA Payment Status

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.