We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Servicing

Cycling Dude 29 Apr 16:11  

Bike:

My Profile
Where do you get your bike serviced?
Do you do it yourself?
Have you ever build a bike!
How do you care for your bike?

My Latest Route: Jun 2009 Silkworth and Herrington Circular
sonyfreak 15 Aug 19:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Cycling Dude. Any bike shop will do a service on your bike, it will cost dependant on what needs doing (i.e. replacing bearings, cables etc.).

Yes, you can do it yourself, but for a thorough service you are going to have to invest in some decent tools (particularly a torque wrench). It's also worth having a qualified bike tech just check over your work until you gain the experience and confidence to "do it yourself".

Many years ago I built an old racer that came from various bits that I either begged, stole or borrowed, took the frame and various bits and had them stripped and nickel plated. It looked the biz and I had it for about 4.5 years until the beer, ciggies and married life caught up with me.

Care for your bike with lots of TLC, it is the only thing between you and a nasty accident should things ever go wrong. Seriously though check out eBay or Amazon etc. and get yourself a decent maintenance manual. It'll save you a fortune in the long run. Hope this helps, sonyfreak.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.