We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Hello!

Lilian 15 Aug 14:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello People!

Just joined the forum.
Hoping to get to know a few people and learn some tips and routes etc.

I am incredibly new to cycling.
I'm 22 and never learnt to ride as a child; however, at the age of 19 I decided that I really wanted to learn how to cycle, it just looked like such a convenient, cheep, healthy way of conveying oneself. It took me about 3 months to learn properly and it's been a steep learning curve. Adults have a lot more fear then children that's for sure!

I live in Coventry and I cycle everywhere as I don't have a car. When I go on holiday I get withdrawal symptoms!

I like to ride on the roads mostly. I'm a bit scared of going off road.
At the moment I have a beautiful purple Dawes, Mojave.

I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to looking after and maintaining it. So if anybody knows of any courses or books that would be good for doing basic stuff that would be brilliant. I can just about take the wheels off and i bought some Schwalbe tyres so I don't have to do punctures.

Look forward to getting to know people and learning more,
Lilian
:)

My Latest Route: Sep 2008 Earlsdon to Kenilworth Town Centre
gozler 30 Sep 06:45  

Bike:

My Profile
hi, i like you am not very good at maintaining my bike, although i am getting into it a bit more, the more cycling i do. i cycld as a kid but then didnt do any until last year. i am 44. i fixed my first ever puncture a few months later and it was surprisngly a lot easier than i thought. the book i use is Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance by lennard zinn. its a good, comprehensive knowledge of bike maintainance and i have found it as helped me loads.
happy cycling

My Latest Route: Jan 2009 Wear Tyne Washington Loop

Cycling Dude 29 Apr 16:17  

Bike:

My Profile
maintaining bikes is important, from changing an inner tube to stripping and re-building your bike!

e-mail me at robthesnake@hotmail.co.uk

for help and advice!

Happy cycling!

My Latest Route: Jun 2009 Silkworth and Herrington Circular

krazykayaker 29 Apr 16:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Lilian, i am also new to cycling so dont feel alone!!

I am also in coventry!!

Give me a shout if you get stuck, i'll try to help

Craig

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

davedenday49 16 Apr 10:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Lilian
A good web site...bicycletutor.com very good imformation on how to do almost everything regurding bike maintenence...all the best Dave

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.