We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

First Bike

geordieboy 12 Oct 13:09  

Bike:

My Profile
This Summer I taught my 6 year old gandson to ride his bike over three weekends.
I better mention my 10 year old grandson. I told him one day I would take him for a ride from Cramlington to North Shields (Northumberland)- about 11 miles.
He thought it would be awesome!
Well there was the problem I hadn't riden a bike for 26 years and never ever owned one so I borrowed my son in laws and got a bit of practice at it.
Having sussed out the route I found I could do it with only ever crossing a road but not riding down it (great cycle routes up here) using cycle tracks and off road.
I've never seen him so proud when he completed the ride.
I now own a Claude Butler stoneriver MTB - bought for me by my family for my retirement - 65 years old this week. and I do a bike ride most days - farthest I've been is 26 miles but feel as if I could do a lot more.
So your never too old to ride a bike and it's great fun.

Geordieboy

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Cramlington Loop via Dinington
nicola 13 Oct 05:03  

Bike:

My Profile
That's a great inspiration for us all! Just one thing though - 65 isn't old! You're only as old as you feel...

You have probably inspired your grandsons to enjoy the feeling of achievement when cycling which is one of the best feelings. The more you exercise - the more energy you have

geordieboy 14 Oct 05:59  

Bike:

My Profile
When my Grandsons stop over on a weekend - they can't wait to go on their bikes. My youngest bike does not have gears and the parents are getting him a new bike. This will help him get up the banks and then I will take him off road to the 'Big Spoon' You will be able to see it if you look the cycle route I have posted Cramlington loop via Dinnington.

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Cramlington Loop via Dinington

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.