We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

fort william to london

marathon man 14 Oct 12:25  

Bike:

i am hoping to cycle from fort william to london or as close as possible in 5 days next spring , has anyone else ever cycled this route or know where i can get the best cycle friendly routes ,

uktrbuk 17 Dec 06:50  

Bike:

Hi mate, me and a couple of mates want to try the same thing but over a longer period of time, we've only just started thinking about such a journey (and we would be going fromlondon to fort william) We are keen photographers so we want to be able to do something special and document things on the way up... anyway less of the story... i was wondering if you have found anything yet? or if this was ur last dead end?
Couold you send me an email please to
tombarden (at) hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
Tom

ronmac 17 Jan 12:43  

Bike:

My Profile
I cycled from Fort William to Glasgow last year. I stuck to the a82 to Tarbet and there is then cycle path all the way to Balloch and on to Glasgow. The a82 was fine. I really enjoyed the ride and scenery.

marcmcf 09 Feb 18:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey ronmac ,

How long did that route take you?

Cheers Marc

ronmac 10 Feb 04:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I live in Erskine which is about 100 miles from Fort William. I was out to enjoy the trip so did it over 2 days, spending the night in a hostel in Tyndrum which is about halfway. You get a great downhill run for several miles from Crianlarich to somewhere near the top of Loch Lomond and then it's pretty flat all the way with a cycle track from Tarbet to Balloch.
I might attempt the trip in one day this summer.
As far as continuing the trip to London goes I wouldn't have a clue. I suppose you could continue on to Glasgow and plan a route from there or go over Erskine Bridge and meet up with cycle route to Ayr and beyond.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.