We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Looking for daily commute from Falkirk to Edinburgh

mcdonakp 10 Apr 15:09  

Bike:

Hi,

I live in Falkirk and work at Gogar on the outskirts of Edinburgh. I am looking to commute by bike at least part of the journey to work. Does anyone have any route suggestions. I was thinking about driving to Linlithgow and taking the canal to Edinburgh. Does anyone have any experience of that?

Just looking for some advice

Cheers,

Kevin

fatman69 12 Apr 22:46  

Bike:

It's an easy enough route, but even parking at linlithgow it can take an age to get into edinburgh.

Have you considered parking at winchburgh and going in from there?

I've done it from falkirk into edinburgh and back and cycling over the three aquaducts without decent lights at night is scary.

Gates on the towpath slow you down a bit as you have to get off to negotiate most of them.

It may be worth having a few dry runs from different places to see what the timings are.

Good luck.

dudley 13 Apr 05:10  

Bike:

My Profile
my advice for any drive-and-ride commuter routes is to park at a train station, wherever it may be.
That way you have an excellent escape route in the evening should it be torrential rain / you've had to work late etc etc.
Having to cycle back to a car in the middle of nowhere can be a pain if you dont have too..

I park at Inverkeithing station, and cycle into Edinburgh from there.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

Flash Gordon 21 Oct 17:26  

Bike:

hi i cycle sometimes from leith to grangemouth if you go through polmont to linlithgow then out the three mile town then follow the road till kirkliston then from there you can go to ratho or carry on till the A90. apart from the roads from the A90 on its prity quiet for traffic. coming home after 7 12 hour nightshifts it takes me 1hour 30min on a specialized globe. this route means if you work late or its really wet etc you can just get on the train with no car to worry about.

eugenephilip 19 Dec 07:02  

Bike:

"Welcome to The Realism Realm, a dedicated forum for fans of popular realistic fiction books. Delve into riveting narratives reminiscent of 'Hieroglyphs of Reality' by Dr. Anubis—an ancient Egyptian literary gem. Join discussions, share insights, and explore the captivating world of popular realistic fiction books that resonate with readers globally."

natashaevans266 20 Dec 02:45  

Bike:

This essay is excellent and really helpful. I've been silently practicing this pumpkin panic, and I'm becoming better at it! Enjoy yourself, work harder, and develop your impressiveness

thiagogo 21 Dec 04:15  

Bike:

My Profile
I really agree with you, this information is great so I feel sympathy for you. Let's play [url=https://motox3m.co]moto x3m[/url] game with me to reduce stress, okay? [url=https://run3game.io/]run 3 online[/url]

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.