We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Glasgow Cycle Network Research

Darroch 04 Jul 12:17  

Bike:

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of doing a study at Glasgow University on the strengths and weaknesses of Glasgow's cycle network in comparison to city networks around the UK and Europe, and if the proposed Glasgow City Centre Transport Strategy 2014-2024 does enough to improve safety and encourage participation.

As part of this, I want to conduct a number of group interviews with local cyclists who use the city centre cycle network to get their opinions on
- The condition of Glasgow's network.
- Desirable features from a couple of case studies in the UK and Europe.
- How best to increase participation.
- Opinions on proposed developments within Glasgow.

If this is something that you or a friend might be interested in, I'm in the process of setting up community hall lets to hold 4 meetings at each end of Glasgow (Approximately Possilhill, Partick, Dennieston, and Shawlands). I think it would be really interesting to get some opinions from people who use the network on a regular basis. While I can't afford to pay everyone's travel expenses, I will have Tea, Coffee, and Cakes for any who can attend.

If you'd like to come along or have any other questions then please don't hesitate to drop me a call or email.
Thanks,
Darroch
(m) 07818421943
(e) darroch.alt@gmail.com

Poster for meetings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJR_DsjRNJZLThQQ1FxcFV5ejA/edit?usp=sharing

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.