We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Balquidder - Killin Route

juniper75 03 Sep 08:09  

Bike:

I am keen to hear from anyone who has done the Balquidder - Killin cycle route I believe it is 10 mile traffic-free section of Route 7.

I am not a cyclist although relatively active and want to take a cyclist friend on this route while they are visiting from Spain - I'm just not sure how challenging it is and whether I am being a bit ambitious to do this (and back). Any feedback on the route would be welcome.

motley 29 Sep 13:12  

Bike:

Most of the route is relatively flat,especially on the old train line part that runs from lochearnhead up to where the path has to cross the A85.There are two steep parts between Callander and where the path crosses the A85 but hopefully they are before lochearnhead and you would miss them.

The path from the A85 crossing to Killin is all downhill and obviously the converse for the return.

Not knowing your circumstance but I think that I could say that a return journey would be made of 6 equal parts in length and 5/6 would be okay,but be prepared to walk some of the return from Killin to the A85.

Derek

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.