We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Chorlton cycle ride suggestions

Jemster 12 May 10:09  

Bike:

Hi,
Myself and my friend do a lot of cycling but normally go over where she lives near to Rivington, Lancashire; but now I have recently moved to Chorlton we are wanting to find some challenging cycle rides over near where I live too. We like to go out for a good 2-3 hours and to get into some nice countryside and to have some hills to challenge us too. Can anyone suggest some routes starting from Chorlton or near to Chorlton?
Thanks!
Jem

Smilin Dave 15 Jul 05:08  

Bike:

HI Jem
Have you tried cycling towards Jacksons boat past the bowling green and out through the park opposite? you can access the trans pennine way and head towards the west coast or towards the pennines.
The Fallowfield loop that starts near St Werburgh's station will take you up towards Daisy Nook Country park and the more challenging Hartshead pike...you could go beyond around Saddleworth/Dovestones towards Yorkshire
All (mostly) off road.
Not particularly challenging for the first hour or so but can be more so once in the hills.

;D

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.