Hull to London

Cycle Route Forum > England Forum > East Riding of Yorkshire Forum >
craigp30 22 Mar 20:18  

Bike:

Myself and some friends are cycling from hull to london for Mengingitis. Can anyone provide me with an internet site that can help me plot my route....lve tried AA route finder but unfortunately the site cannot provide routes that avoid motorways, as l need to consentrate on B roads...

Any help provided will be grately appreciated

Regards
Craig

chimp 27 Apr 11:53  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi,

Not sure if you have done this yet? I am doing a 200mile ride from Liverpool to London in June and have used viamichelin, it only does 100miles at a time but you tell it you want to go from A to B and you are cycling and it will avoid all motorways. I them use Mapometer to plot the route so you can see the altitude. (I have also recently learnt that if you export the mapometer route put it into google earth you can tour the route!!!)

Enjoy your ride!

My Latest Route: Oct 2009 Little Canfield to Castle Camps

luketurner 05 May 13:35  

Bike:

I plan on doing something similar during the summer.
Looks like I'm having the same problem as you finding a route though.. I haven't looked too much into it yet however.

Apparently there are devoted long distance cycle paths that are available to use.
Care to drop me an e-mail if you find out any more?
Thanks

luketurn_er@hotmail.com

carlct 02 Jan 00:12  

Bike:

I once did the Manchester to London via the A4 or A5 a few years ago and did it none stop in 36 Hrs

paul1234 26 Jan 22:06  

Bike:

hi, try multimap web site and go for the walking option.......used it to plan loads of rides.

paul

duracell 24 Oct 16:23  

Bike:

try using the national byway a cycle route from scottish borders to the midlands passing down the east of the country. its not well known but passes some very quiet areas.
chris