We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

London to Brighton!!!

croyman 17 May 14:27  

Bike:

I have signed up for the London to Brighton bike ride in June and would like to ride it before the event. Anyone out there knows the route and would like to have a go one Saturday before the event please let me know,

Thank you

Stefan

Wolverine 18 May 05:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Stefan, I did the 5 miles up to and including Ditchling Beacon on Sunday as part of another route and I'm up for doing it again!

I have also signed up for L2B and would love to ride the route beforehand. What kind of pace do you ride at - I don't want to hold you up. It would be the first time in many years that I have completed over 50 miles so I probably won't be averaging much over 16mph.

A friend has sent me a map and route log card (no idea where from!) if that is any help.

www.bluelux.co.uk/L2B_Map.pdf
www.bluelux.co.uk/L2B_Route.pdf

Tim

croyman 18 May 14:29  

Bike:

Howdy!!

Well my super smart computer (honestly is rubbish! replacing soon) tells me I ride at an average of around 14mph but thats up and down hills. Also I know its been set up wrong so its reading incorrectly.

I was not thinking of anything too strenuous, just a gentle cycle to get to know the route and I have never cycled that far before.

I live in Croydon. What about yourself?

Wolverine 18 May 15:43  

Bike:

My Profile
I live near Camden, only 7 miles to the L2B start.

My average speed is based on fairly flat ground so I will probably be about the same over the distance.

Send me an email with some details about a proposed start time etc and we'll take it from there.

Hopefully we can get some others to join in too.

Tim

email: cycle @ bluelux.co.uk

croyman 22 May 11:04  

Bike:

I have e-mailed you but no reply???

Wolverine 22 May 15:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Stefan and I are doing a trial run along the London to Brighton route on Saturday 11th June, anyone is welcome to join in, especially if you already know the route! :-D

Plan so far is to leave Clapham at about 0930, meeting Stefan at about 10am a little way along the route.

If anyone else would like to join us, please send me an email, cycle@bluelux.co.uk

Cheers,

Tim

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.