Bedford to Felmersham, Ouse Valley Cycle Route

Cycle Route Details
Route NameBedford to Felmersham, Ouse Valley
Cycle Route Location
Start LocationPriory Marina, Bedford
End LocationPriory Marina, Bedford
Cycle Steps
1. This lovely ride through the Ouse Valley visits several delightful limestone villages, and offers splendid views over the River Ouse. This ride starts at Priory Marina, Bedford. Start out towards the embankment on Cycle Route 51. Just before the "Pyramid turn right over the foot bridge and follow the river. After approx 3 miles along the river (past railway station on right) is a foot bridge sign posted Cycle Route 51 Kempston. Climb up the hill towards the bridge but turn right away from it. Follow cycle way signs for Biddenham and Bromham until A428. Keep following Bromham signs. 1.5 miles of the 2 mile journey to Bromham is by a cycleway on the north side of the A428. Turn right towards Bromham village. Cycle through the village and after 1.5 miles turn right to Oakley, passing over the bridges spanning the River Ouse. Bear left at the junction and follow the road through the village, eventually coming to a crossroads. Turn left to Pavenham, a distance of 2 miles. Turn right in Pavenham, and follow the signposts to Felmersham. Turn right at the T-junction and left at the next. Take the next turn to Carlton. Turn left at the crossroads in Carton, signposted to Stevington. At the next junction turn right to Stevington. Cycle through Stevington and back to Bromham. Retrace rout back down A428 towards the river and back to Priory Marina
Landmarks/Sites to see?
Daisy Bank Picnic Site is found on the north side of the Carlton - Felmersham Road, between these two villages. Wonderful views can be had over the Upper Ouse Valley. Stevington Postmill is an impressive mill built around 1770 and fully restored in 1951. Pick up the keys from the Royal George Inn, Silver Street, Stevington. Stevington Country Walk is a two mile walk along the former Bedford to Northampton railway line. Car Park. Bromham Mill is a restored water mill with exhibitions of artefacts and milling history. Natural history room, art gallery and picnic area. Car Park