We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Video Camera xmas pressie

Jhh197 13 Nov 16:53  

Bike:

Hi could anyone help, my dad is a kenn cyclist both on the road and off, I'm looking into getting him a a video camera that can mount to his helmet or handle bars. Could I get some suggestions of what are good cameras, and reasonably priced. Does anyone know if this camera-SC MD80 Micro Video Camera, is any good? Thanks Jenny

davey26 14 Nov 07:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Jenny, It all depends on price but having tried a few sports type cameras i would say go for the GO Pro HD (not the cheapest option but the best) It is by far the best quality and has a massive amount of different handlebar, seatpost, helmet or body mounts. The cheaper micro type cameras such as the MUVI atom always suffer from the same problems of wind noise which spoils the video alot!!
Hope this helps abit?

Jhh197 14 Nov 07:48  

Bike:

Hi, Okay I'll have a look at them, thanks. Jenny

dudley 14 Nov 10:08  

Bike:

My Profile
i sent my wife a link to the GO Pro.

Didn't have the desired effect, though!!!!

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

dan_b23 14 Nov 17:02  

Bike:

My Profile
I bought a MD80 camera for karting for £15!

The video and sound quality were really good considering the price. However the battery life is terrible, it is dead after one 10 minute race!

I've never used a GoPro but everyone seems full of praise for them.

My Latest Route: Apr 2010 Ponteland to Matfen and Kirkheaton Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.