We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

South Queensferry to Edinburgh centre daily, by bike - good idea?

MatteoZ 25 Sep 09:10  

Bike:

Greetings,

I will soon move to Edinburgh, where I will spend some months at the University (on Hope Park Square EH8 9NW). As I found a convenient room in South Queensferry, I was considering staying there and mostly reaching the University by bike. I would do it on an almost daily basis during businnes days.
I have no idea of bike routes in the area and especially between these two places, thus I am asking your advice: would you suggest it? Is it feasable? I see the distance is about 10-11 miles, so I would take into account about 30 mins per route, which would be fine to me.

Many thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Matteo

MICYCLE 21 Jul 08:15  

Bike:

Hi I know this is quite sometime later and you probably already got sorted but for anyone else wanting a similar route or the reverse there is always the NCN Route 1 and parts of Route 76 which you can use to get from Edinburgh to Queensferry via the Forth bridge. However I've scoured the web for weeks trying to find a gpx file? Other than going on the sustrans website and just zooming in on the map I would hope that the NCN creators have remained true to their word and waymarked the route clearly so you don't detour but can be easily done in an interestingly laid out city like Edinburgh especially if like me your not local. Btw anyone happen to have just the segment from Edinburgh Waverley to Queensferry South NCN route 1 as a gpx file for download? I found a version of it on waymarked routes website but for some strange reason it's a ridiculously huge file, the whole of route 1 from the south of England all the way up the Scottish coast and weirdly looks like someone has gone back and forth along the route several times in the route overview? Consequently it never processes the file and so it remains unusable?