We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Manchester-Paris ride

RichieBoy 14 Mar 17:49  

Bike:

Hello all

I am undertaking a ride in July this year (2010) from Manchester-Paris. The second leg - London-Paris - is part of an organised group of up to 70 I think, but I am adding on the Manchester leg to help with my publicity and fundraising.

I am new to road cycling and would like feedback on the following:

- a suitable route from Manchester - London with tips on stop off points along the way. I have read a post from a very brave soul on this forum who was trying to do the ride in one day (!), but I am looking more at 2-3 days.

- anyone that would be interested in doing this with me. I am going to ride for this very worthy cause: http://www.katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/ and I am prepared to do the ride on my own but would love some company, particularly for the Manchester-London leg as I won't have the same support as with the London-Paris leg.

- Anyones' experiences of doing this or similar in the past - positive and negative!

Many thanks for reading this and any responses I get!

Richard :)

thebigredone 14 Mar 20:53  

Bike:

My Profile
For your route you could do a lot worse than go here: bikeroutetoaster. Click on your start point and then your finish point and it will calculate a route for you avoiding motorways. It also shows the elevation info under the Summary tab and also produces directions which you can find under the Cue Sheet tab. All the info can be saved, the route itself as a GPX file which can be loaded into your GPS unit or into Google Earth so you can have a closer look at it.

Hope this is useful.

My Latest Route: Aug 2009 Grange to Drumcliff Loop

delhis 22 Feb 01:26  

Bike:

My Profile
So, with our Experience, Knowledge and Connects we decided to provide Real estate; Hospitality & Destination services to Expatriates or Individuals and assist them in the process of Relocation.

office search in gurgaon
lease in dlf park place gurgaon
office space at mg road gurgaon
apartments on lease in magnolias

delhis 03 Mar 21:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Counter Strike Global Offensive is the fourth game in the popular Counter Strike series

cheap csgo primes accounts

csgo silver accounts

delhis 03 Mar 21:48  

Bike:

My Profile
CS GO is one of the most popular multiplayer games at the moment.

csgo pime

delhis 03 Mar 21:49  

Bike:

My Profile
CSGO is a team game, and Trust Factor is a system to pair players with other similar players.

buy csgo accounts

csgo high tier accounts

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.