We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Inverness to Edinburgh

Pete-B 01 Oct 18:24  

Bike:

How long should one expect to take to cycle from Inverness to Edinburgh? Is a touch more than 160 miles i believe. I am fit but ive never taken on such a long cycle before, though its something I might like to do more of in the future.
Advice?

Pete

Ronald MacLean 12 Aug 22:52  

Bike:

I just completed this fantastic route yesterday 11 August 2012. I started on the 9th and it took me 3 days staying overnight at Kingussie and Dunkeld which split the journey quite nicely without over exterting yourself. Varied routes mainly Cycle route 7 then to 86 then to route 1. The route is quite safe only a short stretch out of Inverness on the new A9 after that a combination of old A9 with light traffic or non-vehiclar old A9 or purpose build paths over open countryside or some woodland. From Perth onwards mostly B class little used roads with some paths. I had 3 days of glorious weather which made the run a real pleasure. Great experience. Stopped overnight inB&B which is recommended as nothing like a comfortable shower/bath and good breakfast the next morning. Recommend to anyone allow 8 hours per day to include stops and lunch break.

sialker 13 Aug 16:04  

Bike:

Hi there. Thanks for your response Ronald. I am also planning a trip with my 2 lads in the opposite direction. What are the benefits/disadvantages in going via Braemar rather than Aviemore. The roads would appear to be quieter, although i note there is a cycle path along part of the route to Aviemore.

Simon

darrendemers12 04 May 08:00  

Bike:

Faisalabad is one of the biggest cities in Pakistan and the hub of the textile industry. It is widely acknowledged as the Manchester of Pakistan due to its large industrial role. The quality of the fabrics produced in this city has no parallel. In fact, the fabric is something of a specialty of Faisalabad. Many people from all over the country flock to this city for a spot of cloth shopping. We aim to provide you all of the best of Faisalabad at our store. buy pakistani lawn suits wholesale , lawn collection 2016 online shopping , gul ahmed summer collection 2016 with price , lawn embroidered suits 2016 with price , pakistani silk suits online , 2 piece lawn suit online

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.