We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Commuting route from dunfermline to Centre of Edinburgh

1 2 >
cshepherd 20 Sep 08:56  

Bike:

Hi

I am thinking on cycling from dunfermline to Edinburgh. I see the NCN 1 route seems to use cycle paths in Edinburgh. My question is - from the Forth Road Bridge is the route well signposted so you know which normal roads to use and when to come off onto cycle paths?
thanks

Chris Shepherd

majr 08 Nov 14:54  

Bike:

Hi Chris,

Yes, it's fairly well signed, and you can't cycle on the A90 after the bridge anyway. Be warned that for a flagship route, it's not in very good nick - spokes.org.uk started a letter writing campaign about it few weeks ago, which you might consider joining if you start doing it regularly.

I've noticed that other cyclists seem to know a number of shortcuts off the signed route, although I haven't sussed them all out yet.

Cheers, Matthew

fuzzytnth3 31 Mar 10:30  

Bike:

My Profile
Here's the shortest route I use
Short route

Downside is the terrible road surface at Easter Dalmeny and the inadequate NCN Route 1 where it runs next to the A90

An alternative route is this one I use at night as it avoids me having a) cycle on the A90 and b) having to ride the NCN 1 heading home at night being blinded by the oncoming cars in the horrible groove you have ride down with your head just at headlight height!

My Latest Route: May 2010 Dunfermline to Crook of Devon Loop

sgaherty 10 Aug 14:43  

Bike:

Hello,

I'm also thinking of cycling from Dunfermline to Edinburgh and in doing research found this post! The route on here says it takes 1h54m - is this average? I can't imagine doing it if it takes me that long! I work in the west end and live in the southeast of Dunfermline...

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Sandra

Murray Barnes 10 Aug 15:05  

Bike:

My Profile
It depends on your cycling speed. The site assumes a speed of roughly 10mph.

My Latest Route: Jul 2008 Great Glen Cycleway

dudley 27 Jan 08:07  

Bike:

My Profile
i started to do fuzzy's second route every day, as of last Monday from Inverkeithing to West end

about 13.5 miles ish

takes me 55 minutes at the moment

wil be happier when i can get down to 45 minutes or so.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

la123 14 Jul 07:05  

Bike:

Hi

I'm looking to ride to work from duloch park to George street. How long on average would this take?

Thanks

dudley 14 Jul 08:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Duloch to George St is around 50 minutes at 17mph average

depends how fast you go, and which route you take.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

seomind 04 Mar 10:40  

Bike:

My Profile
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. 10x Fitness Review

seomind 04 Mar 11:01  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. 10x Fitness Review

seomind 04 Mar 11:08  

Bike:

My Profile
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! 10x Fitness Review

WilliamRiley 03 May 04:59  

Bike:

I often visit this website and every time get some excellent information which also improve my knowledge and help me to provide London assignment help on many subjects such as nursing, marketing, finance, and business at Elite Assignment in the UK. Pleased to be on this website.

jack00 05 May 07:54  

Bike:

My Profile
One of the most important things you can do for your body is to exercise regularly. Physical activity not only helps you to maintain a healthy weight but also improves cardiovascular health, strengthens muscles and bones, and reduces the risk of chronic diseases. The World Health Organization recommends that adults engage in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity per week. blog here

EmilyBrown 29 May 03:02  

Bike:

It’s my first visit to this website and I like the theme of this website. This is also a knowledgeable post which would be surly like by my team of experienced dissertation tutors who are always available for you at Dissertation Help. Keep posting such kind of more post with us.

mrseod 26 Jul 04:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 05:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Good to become visiting your weblog again, it has been months for me. Nicely this article that i've been waited for so long. I will need this post to total my assignment in the college, and it has exact same topic together with your write-up. Thanks, good share. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 05:06  

Bike:

My Profile
I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 05:10  

Bike:

My Profile
This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 05:55  

Bike:

My Profile
The blog and data is excellent and informative as well BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 06:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post . BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 06:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 06:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Your site is truly cool and this is an extraordinary moving article. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 06:16  

Bike:

My Profile
This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jul 06:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. BAM University

JamesCurran 28 Dec 05:52  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the forum submission and give us the permission to share relevant information about nursing assignment help in the USA. Nowadays, for every academic students the important aspect is doing homework at time. It makes up a respectable percentage of the final grades and the majority of students always have the query, “Can someone do assignment writing in the US? “Experienced writers of the Global Assignment Help with years of experience are always ready to serve them.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.