We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Are cycles allowed on M8 ?

1 2 >
Siddy 22 May 14:41  

Bike:

hello all...i am new to glasgow/scotland. planning a ride to edinburgh. was wondering if cycles are allowed on the M8 motorway.

thanks
Sid

Magnitude 22 May 14:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Afraid not, it's illegal to cycle on the motorway for many obvious reasons. If you google 'cycle Glasgow to Edenburgh' you'll see quite a few results, have a look through and use google maps to help you plan out your route.

My Latest Route: May 2010 West Bromwich to Walsall and Wolverhampton Canal Loop

Siddy 22 May 15:13  

Bike:

thanks Magnitude

i am looking at the 51 mile Glasgow-Edinburgh Pedal for Scotland Challenge Ride route, which passes through roads marked A89,B8058,B825,... are these roads open to cycling all the year round, or only on the Pedal for Scotland ride day.

thanks
Sid

Magnitude 22 May 15:22  

Bike:

My Profile
From what I've read you can ride on anything except motorways and roads that have an M in brackets, eg A1(M) as those roads have motorway rules applied to them.

My Latest Route: May 2010 West Bromwich to Walsall and Wolverhampton Canal Loop

MacHovis 23 May 12:26  

Bike:

My Profile
It's possible to cycle from Glasgow to Edinburgh almost entirely off-road by following the Forth and Clyde Canal path to Falkirk and then picking up the Union Canal path to get to Edinburgh. Strictly speaking, one should have a permit from the British Waterways to cycle on the paths (just visit their website and print it off and sign it). I suspect most cyclists do not have one.

This route takes you past the Falkirk Wheel.

My Latest Route: Aug 2008 Livingston South Station To Edinburgh Park

bloomp 25 May 06:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Seen that Falkirk Wheel on Discovery Channel - massive machines or some such . . I'd def go the canal route just to see that lol - 51 mile or so on towpath sound ok, bet there are plenty of watering holes / eateries on the way too! Keep off the motorways Siddy, they're really boring - hit the canals - water, sun, scenery, pubs and grub - who could want more?
bloomp

My Latest Route: Sep 2010 Middlesborough to Thorpe Thewles Circuit

seomind 19 Nov 09:09  

Bike:

My Profile
I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. scam risk

seomind 19 Nov 09:14  

Bike:

My Profile
It's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. scam risk

seomind 19 Nov 09:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. scam risk

seomind 19 Nov 09:22  

Bike:

My Profile
The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. scam risk

seomind 19 Nov 09:25  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. scam risk

mrseod 17 Apr 11:45  

Bike:

My Profile
New site is solid. A debt of gratitude is in order for the colossal exertion. Audiobook Income Academy Review

mrseod 17 Apr 12:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. Audiobook Income Academy Review

mrseod 17 Apr 12:05  

Bike:

My Profile
It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. financial freedom

mrseod 17 Apr 12:07  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! financial freedom

mrseod 17 Apr 12:09  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. financial freedom

mrseod 17 Apr 12:12  

Bike:

My Profile
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work financial freedom

mrseod 17 Apr 12:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food additionally, Thanks. financial freedom

hendyien 17 Apr 23:35  

Bike:

all emojis copy and paste into platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Tumblr. You can find every single Emoji here. Compatible with a wide range of mobile and desktop platforms.

cheap smm panel 04 Dec 07:14  

Bike:

My Profile
In the realm of digital marketing and social media management, https://smmpakpanel.com/ have emerged as powerful tools for businesses and individuals seeking to enhance their online presence and engagement.

Smmpakpanel9 20 Dec 01:55  

Bike:

A Social Media Marketing panel in Pakistan is a useful tool for people and companies looking to increase their online visibility on different social media networks. The https://bulkfollows.com/ provide a range of services, such as obtaining engagement analytics, likes, comments, and followers on well-known social networks.

Angel17 24 Dec 02:22  

Bike:

My Profile
You're right, the tunnel itself is not a motorway section, but cyclists are still not allowed. fence company Metairie, LA

todaypunch 23 Jan 03:32  

Bike:

Essentially, an inherited Fresno home that is transferred on death deed a unique legal document that comes with todaypunch allows the owner to designate a beneficiary who will automatically receive the home upon the owner's passing. This substitute allows for the easy transfer of property ownership without the necessity for probate.

Easysmmpanel 24 Jan 04:02  

Bike:

It's crucial to remember that using https://bulkfollows.com/ to fictitiously increase social media engagement may be against social media sites' terms of service, which could result in penalties like account suspension.

smmpakpanel012 25 Jan 03:20  

Bike:

When looking to improve their online profile, both individuals and organisations can benefit from using a
https://smmpakpanel.com/ . By providing services like content scheduling, analytics tracking, and audience engagement, these panels offer a centralised platform to simplify and maximise social media marketing operations.

Web Designer Yesterday 16:57  

Bike:

The Web designing https://topqualityresource.com/ is the art of creating visually appealing and user-friendly websites. It involves a combination of creative skills, technical expertise, and understanding of user experience principles.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.