We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

shimano xtr

MentalPedalPusher 16 Oct 09:48  

Bike:

Hi all, please help! I'm doing 150miles plus on mountain bike and getting some slipping on the gears and chain s worn out, so its that time again to replace the lot as its been a while, so im looking at the XTR range(is it wrong to get turned on by this stuff), is it really worth paying the money for it as need to replace all the drive chain mechs cog's chain the lot, but as you can imagine the wife took it really well!!! (once see came back around and I picked her off the floor), or shall I stop being dirty and look at something else?

mattk 16 Oct 10:09  

Bike:

My Profile
Lol,

Put them on your Christmas wish list! I have... not that that'll do any good :)

They are pretty expensive - I've been looking at the XTR front derailleur

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

raywebb 18 Oct 15:29  

Bike:

My Profile
XTR are a bit fragile, what you gain by losing a couple of nano-grams weight against how quickly they wear out, or break is in my opinion, not worth it. The XTS range is better for the bog standard daft "thrash round the woods" brigade...leave the XTR to those who are sponsored.
I ride a Trek Remedy 9, great bike, but when I take a tumble, I check how much the damage done to the bike is going to cost, before I attempt to stop the blood flow !!!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.