We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

new to cycling

juliex 27 May 11:46  

Bike:

hi

just bought myself a bike,, we have a van so can travel [merseyside area] dont mind a hour or so driving what i am after is some cycle paths where it does not involve going on roads,

many thanks

julie

Cycling Dude 01 Jul 06:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Julie,

Shame you don't cycle in Sunderland, as I have started up a cycling group for this kind of situation, you can Email us stealthcycling@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers,
CD

My Latest Route: Jun 2009 Silkworth and Herrington Circular

skudupnorth 02 Jul 06:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Welcome ! Try the Trans Pennine,the bits i have tried are brilliant.It starts in Southport and goes all the way to Hull so you will be able to pick up something from where you live.If you are into off road stuff then try Rivington near Bolton with lots of nice tracks and good views.

asleep_by_the_road 05 Jul 18:50  

Bike:

My Profile
I don't know what it is like at the Liverpool end, but the Leeds Liverpool canal is, (certainly at the Leeds end) Part of the National Cycle Network - Being a canal towpath its dead flat and goes through some quite attractive scenery - Why not check that out - I think your bike would need to be at least as robust as a hybrid - some of the path is quite rutted, I wouldnt want to try it on a racer!

My Latest Route: Jul 2009 Scunthorpe Circular via Alkborough

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.