We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

new to clipless pedals

leekingston 11 May 09:44  

Bike:

My Profile
I have recently bought a new road bike and have never used cleats before. Just wondered what people's experience and views of going clipless were. Any advice on how to use and what ones to get would be great. It's slightly daunting being connected into a pedal when you havnt used them before.
Ta

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Medway Circular
BusterG 11 May 09:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Use the search facility on this site for "clipless pedals" - there are literally dozens of posts already with lots of good advice and brotherly encouragement
Good luck!

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

spaceman 12 May 15:12  

Bike:

My Profile
Totally understand. Did the same a few years ago, after several weeks went back to toe loops,straps. I kept falling off at the odd junction, scary.
But they feel great and work well...

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

leekingston 12 May 15:56  

Bike:

My Profile
After a ride yesterday, I realized how tricky it is to get my left foot into the pedal, toe loop, from a standing start, from traffic lights etc. So, I will be visiting my (very good) local bike shop in Gillingham this week to be fitted out with clipless pedals, shoes etc. Getting in can't be any harder, let's just hope getting out is fine. I have researched a lot and will go for pedals with a lot of adjustability to enable easier release

My Latest Route: Jun 2012 Medway Circular

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.