We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Winter Gear Recommendations

mattk 01 Dec 12:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Yeah winter is definately here!

And as its getting pretty cold outside, I thought it might be a good idea to share with others what winter gear you'd recommend. We cyclists are always looking for great value gear that not only does its job, but also that looks good and that doesn't break the bank. Whether its tyres, jackets, bibs, socks or whatever - tell us what gear you couldn't do without this winter.

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN
mark1989 01 Dec 13:15  

Bike:

My Profile
I'll get the ball rolling with some good winter lights, just thought I'd let you know about my new purchases as I am super pleased with them.

Lets start at the back the Cateye TL SL100 Compact Safety Rear Light, just got one and I think it really is a good product, attached to my helmet very easily as feels very sturdy, and would attach to my seat post or backpack just as easy and for only £8.99 from wiggle I'm very happy with it. Then for the front I have a pair of Blackburn Flea 4 LED front lights, my favorite feature of this light is the USB charger which is fantastic, also having a pair I have one USB charger at work and one at home so I will never be caught short in the dark.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burton Latimer to Desborough Loop

krazykayaker 01 Dec 16:40  

Bike:

My Profile
A Skull Cap

Dont leave home without it !

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

mattk 02 Dec 11:25  

Bike:

My Profile
A skull cap...? As in a Jewish prayer hat - I've tried praying, and it doesn't seem to keep you any warmer!

Seriously though... cyclist skull caps are a great idea... keep you warm and look much better than a normal hat under the helmet - more comfy too!

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

krazykayaker 02 Dec 14:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Yep like a jewish prayer hat only one that covers your whole head and is windproof!

My Latest Route: Jan 2010 Corley Circular via Fillongley and Ash Green

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.