We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Which Bike Should I Choose

MEAKS 04 Feb 09:29  

Bike:

For a 150 mile over two days bike ride in mid Wales
Mainly lanes and bit of cinder track
Want to go touring in the next year or so
Fancy drop handles for comfort
Need to put paniers on

All advice welcome.
Cheers Phil

soren 04 Feb 16:37  

Bike:

My Profile

All depends on your Budget but if you are serious about going Touring, then a Tourer is the best choice.
Dawes have a great range as do Ridgeback, Myself I have a Rohloff geared Van Nicholas Pioneer, not the fastest bike by a long way, but comfort and reliability was top of my shopping list.

MEAKS 04 Feb 18:53  

Bike:

Thanks. How much was it fella?

soren 05 Feb 03:53  

Bike:

My Profile

Any one can use their website and use their Bike Wizard to build the set up they want, it gives you various options and a running cost and Weight of the Bike. You can then email (it says send to a friend) that set up to your chosen Bike shop supplier here in England. Your Bike is then hand built at Van Nicholas's facility in Holland and shipped out to your chosen Bike shop (typically in 3-4 weeks). My finished Bike cost £2800.If you go on the web site and click News, then click vn fans. That opens a page where other cyclists who bought from V N can show their bikes to other people, My picture is of me and my Bike at the start of my recent C2C in Scotland.

MEAKS 05 Feb 09:58  

Bike:

Thanks Soren

Much obliged.

Regards
Phil

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.