We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Time for a Spring Clean

txbnet 15 Mar 06:34  

Bike:

My Profile
As someone who can't manage the most basic of servicing tasks on a bike, if you are like me, now is a good time to have your bike serviced for the coming season. When you think how much you spend on having your car serviced, its nice to know that for £30 or £40 quid or so, you can have your cables renewed, everything greased, brakes replaced and everything finely tuned up.

I always have mine done around now and it usually keeps me right until next Spring.

It would be great of course to be able to do it myself, but I'd end up paying someone to put right the mess I'd make - horses for courses, so if you know anyone local that comes with a recommendation, get your bike serviced now rather than when something breaks during a ride.

I'd always use a local independent rather than the big chain stores, I don't think the big stores are interested in anything other than shifting another boxed bike.

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham
spaceman 15 Mar 16:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Like the "Big CHAIN store" but its so much fun doing it yourself..

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.