We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

St Austell - Dawlish

utltandem 30 Sep 06:55  

Bike:

Hi, our business is cycling from St Austell to Dover next week - on tandems - to raise money for Beating Bowel Cancer. I am part of the support crew, and route planner - and am more than a little stumped on the best way to get from St Austell to Dawlish - as the NCN Route 2 is obviously not completed in this stretch yet.

Bit of a long shot I know, however have any other members got any experience of this route, or indeed experience of the route on from Dawlish to Dover.

Our route takes us as follows;

Day 1; St Austell to Dawlish via Plympton/Plymouth
Day 2; Dawlish to Bournemouth via Seaton/Bournemouth
Day 3: Bournemouth to Bright via Fareham
Day 4; Brighton to Dover via Hastings

Any guidance / advice very very much appreciated

Best

Simon

rustyspoke 30 Sep 07:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I can probably help you round Bournemouth area and take you through to Southampton via quiet roads and roads that I cycle also the in bound route from Seaton to Bournemouth message me here as I do not put personal contact details on here

utltandem 02 Oct 09:40  

Bike:

Great thanks - 07917214894 or simon.morgan@unipart.com if you've got some time.

Cheers

Simon

rustyspoke 02 Oct 11:23  

Bike:

My Profile
Hello
Simon
Called your mobile and left a message on your voice mail.
also got your email now so can keep in touch ,when are you actually setting off on the ride.

Your best route to avoid the busy roads is going to be fairly lumpy (hilly) but you will have to use the main road for part of the journey.
Once you get to Bridport you can take the coast road but that road is also a hilly route after Bridport I would head up to ABBOTSBURY then to Portesham then to Martinstown and then head towards Dorchester
Coming out of Dorchester you have a couple of options but that depends on the time of day when you reach this area and where you are stopping off for your overnight stops!

rustyspoke 12 Oct 04:56  

Bike:

My Profile
Did you do the ride and how did it go

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.