We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Spinner class

alas58 25 Nov 12:32  

Bike:

My Profile
HI everyone,

I have started to go to spinners as not going out on the bike as much. Is this a sensible choice or will my cycling suffer as spinners is not a natural enviroment.

I went out today and did about 20 miles, and found it hard going, but at spinners iam getting stronger and using higher gears. Cannot afford a turbo trainer, so any advice on what i should be doing during the winter so as to keep some fitness ready for the spring.

Thanks for any help.

paul&deb 28 Nov 10:38  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, ive not actually done a spin class, often thought about it but worried it may get too hot and overpowering however, I do use my rollers in the garage quite a bit during the winter and the way I see it, any form of exertion is better than nothing and at least this will keep your legs working. Try and get out on the bike at least once a week if you can but don't panic if circumstances mean missing the odd week.

Happy spinning and hope this helps

Paul

alas58 28 Nov 17:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks Paul,

I try to get on the bike a couple of times per week, and do spinners twice per week. It is hot and a hard workout, either sprinting or climbing.

Hope to see some improvement on the bike by the spring.

dudley 29 Nov 03:13  

Bike:

My Profile
how much is a spinner class? £3.50?

You can get a reasonable, new, turbo trainer on Ebay for about £35.

That's only ten sessions

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.