We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Safeman locks

pea 29 Jun 16:44  

Bike:

My Profile
Lidls are getting some cycle gear in next week and I was looking at the Safeman bike lock,does anyone know if they're any good? I've seen them priced from £8.99 up to £14.99, lidls are going to have them for £5.99.

pea

skiad1 30 Jun 04:14  

Bike:

My Profile
Lidl do indeed get some good kit in from time to time but I'm not sure locks are at the worth buying end of the scale. What do you want the lock for? Is it to lock your bike up at home or out & about? If your bike isn't really going to be out of sight for long then a relatively inexpensive lock may suffice but be warned, bike thieves make very short work of such locks & you might end up wishing you'd bought something better. When I'm touring I take a kryptonite cable lock. This won't stop determined/equipped bike thieves but my bike is never left for long and overnight camping has always been secure. If I'm popping out to the shops I use a very light/cheap cable that isn't much use except as a visual deterrent, but again I try to be very quick and, though once I had my saddle/seatpost nicked, the bike with cheap cable remained in place(guess though the scum had an Allen key, they didn't have bolt cutters). I had left the bike for approx 1 hour, which is way longer than usual. At home I use 'serious' kit. Gold standard bike locks, coupled with stout anchor points, are what I use. Would be thieves would have to be pretty well equipped to get through them, and it would take them some time....I hope! The tradeoff with heavy duty locks is weight, which is why I use the heavy duty locks at home. If you could have only one lock I'd recommend a strong, highly rated, u-lock. These can be attached to the frame and, though heavy, offer excellent protection. Head down to your lbs for a 'practical' demonstration....best of luck!

pea 30 Jun 06:17  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi and thanks for the reply. Out and about I use a steel cable lock with a combination, I never leave the bike for long, just to pop into the shops really, but it can take just seconds for the bike to be taken. I have a specialized myka bike, its only a 15inch frame so there's no way of getting a u lock onto the frame, we have one, my daughter uses it when she locks her bike up at the gym, she leaves it attatched to a post there all the time, a few others seem to do that for some reason.

At home all bikes are in a garage, I had a sensor attatched to the home alarm put in the garage some time ago.

I'm looking into getting a pannier rack fitted to the bike, then maybe the u lock would be a better bet cause it would sit on the top of the rack, getting the rack is turning into something of a farce as well, lol.

pea

skiad1 30 Jun 10:16  

Bike:

My Profile
If you don't intend carrying a heavy load a seatpost rack might be the answer. Not sure what the weight limit is but might be worth checking out...

pea 30 Jun 10:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi and thanks for that, I'll look into a seat post rack :)

the shop have said thata standard rack would be too short, why I have no idea, but they can cut and join some stays together. All beyond me to be honest.

Today at the shops I got a box of cerial,a tub of cottage cheese, some chicken for the dog and the most important item of all, a bottle of wine for me. So, i'm not going to be lugging huge amounts around but a rack would be easier than a backpack.

After cooking the dogs chicken and pouring a glass of wine I'll look on the internet at seatpost racks.

pea

Crazy tee 02 Jul 15:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Spend a little more and get a better lock

BusterG 03 Jul 05:36  

Bike:

My Profile
I agree with Crazy Tee.
if you value your bike enough to get a lock, then get something good and pay more £20+. The alternative is not to let the bike out of your immediate sight.
Take care now.
Buster

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

thleenane 21 Jun 03:51  

Bike:

Safeman locks, Actually we use this only to safe our products from those sites where it is important to make Australian Writings that how can we start to save our products from theif. So hope you like this way for helping you.

KalebRamirez2020 08 Apr 07:09  

Bike:

wow

KalebRamirez2020 08 Apr 07:13  

Bike:

I don't have personal experiences with Safeman locks, but it's always important to prioritize safety and security in our daily lives. For those in need of professional writing services, letter of recommendation writing services can provide valuable assistance in crafting compelling recommendations for academic or professional purposes. With a focus on quality and customer satisfaction, these services can help you stand out and achieve your goals

AnalyticAuto 01 May 02:49  

Bike:

Discover a variety of cars at Analyticauto.com, from pre-owned to new models, with details on prices, features and equipment. Compare different cars to find the one that is right for you and get helpful advice and reviews analyticauto.com

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.