We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Orchid New Forest Bike Ride

lhanson 08 Sep 09:59  

Bike:

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had previously taken part in the New forest bike ride on behalf of the charity Orchid. I was looking for any advise or tips and what the long route is like?

Provene 11 Sep 15:03  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, haven't done it before but will be there on Sunday 19th. What time are you planning to get there? I'm going with a friend, but we could meet up?

My Latest Route: Apr 2010 Waltham Chase to Kilmeston Loop

paul&deb 13 Sep 17:27  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm planning on going, should be a good ride. New Forest is great for bikes

lhanson 15 Sep 07:18  

Bike:

Have you done this route before? I will be doing the whole 48 miles but I wanted to know what it is like i.e. Are there big hills etc?

paul&deb 15 Sep 08:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Not riden this actual route or event before but I have done lots in and around the new forest - all on road.

My main reason for taking part is the new forest is so big that there are loads of areas and good routes that I'm not aware of - this is one way of adding another route to the ones I already know.

The new forest is fairly flat, there are a couple of small climbs around but nothing significant. Roads are fairly open so be prepared clothing wise just in case it rains as the wind can whip-up the rain quite heavily being as there is little or no shelter. Traffic is OK as the whole area is 40MPH and most cars are tourists so generally not in a rush.

Hope this helps

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.