We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Off Road or On Road

fillbee 23 Jun 06:01  

Bike:

My Profile
What is everyone's preference Off Road, On Road, or a mixture ... I like to mix it really ... will be interesting to know which comes in on top.
Thanks all

My Latest Route: Jul 2015 Hucknall Through The Lakes and Bulwell Forest
BusterG 23 Jun 07:16  

Bike:

My Profile
off!
Good question! But then this is probably the wrong forum to ask that question. As it is mainly filled with roadies.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

fillbee 23 Jun 08:51  

Bike:

My Profile
Yes I know it is but out of interest ... just curious

dudley 23 Jun 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
on road for me

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

alas58 23 Jun 14:24  

Bike:

My Profile
off road for me.

paul&deb 23 Jun 15:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Both!

Cyclocross bike, best of both worlds

mikethebike 23 Jun 15:54  

Bike:

off road!

cycle paths, old train lines, canals, country ways

fillbee 23 Jun 18:33  

Bike:

My Profile
yeah I like these old tracks too a little nostalgia on them makes it a lot more interesting

annieslandmissile 25 Jun 05:49  

Bike:

My Profile
I think ultimately off road is slightly better ie: canals, old train lines, tow paths But road biking is very good too!! and can get you further a field. A tourer or cyclo cross is good for long tours. But it just depends : ))

txbnet 25 Jun 14:59  

Bike:

My Profile
I've just completed an organised 67 mile road event today, and most of the bikes around were road bikes, as I plodded along on my hybrid. However, I did notice that the road bikes had all of the punctures, I didn't see any hybrids or MTBs fixing punctures. I would love to invest in a road bike to complete the set, but the roads are so bad in our area I wonder if the potholes make it a little more dangerous for a pumped up road cyclist.

My favourite bike which passed me (not everyone passed me I might say!) was a beautifil bianchi in white and turquoise, it looked wonderful but probably about three grand!

Tony

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

fillbee 26 Jun 03:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Well done ... sounded a great event ... I am doing a Nottingham to Skegness ride in a couple of month can't wait for that ... see what happens doth the roads then
Well done again on doing your ride.

BusterG 28 Jun 07:35  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey Annieslandmissile - you failed to mention hills and singletrack in your list of what you like about mountainbiking, explain?
:-)
confused.com (aka Buster)

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

El Eff 28 Jun 13:34  

Bike:

You know I might just have to go with Annieslandmissile on this one too. Hard to explain but I like off road marginally better, although I cycle on road much more than off. I really enjoy canal paths, old railway lines and the like as they are generally just lovely routes.

Don't get me wrong though, put me on any bike anywhere and I'm in heaven!

sdwalker 29 Jun 06:41  

Bike:

My Profile
I am very much a rodie (although I have had all of my accidents on roads except one) just enjoy annoying commuters too much and the speed is in comparitable with MTBing :))

My Latest Route: Mar 2012 Bedgebury Forest Red Route

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.