We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Mud guards on an Airnimal Joey

robbierunciman 27 Nov 14:32  

Bike:

My Profile
I am considering buying mudguards for my Airnimal Joey. On the website they recommend using SKS race blades "specially adapted" for a 24" wheel. For this special adaptation you are paying nearly £15 above the price that "standard" SKS bladed designed for the 700 wheel go for. I am troubled by the cost difference but do not want to invest in a cheaper product that I cannot fit to the bike. I should say that it is not possible to fix the rear blade to the seat post, ditto, the front, otherwise it affects the fold and increases the pfaff factor of removing the blades I board and de- train each day. All that said, it is a lovely bike and it has improved my 32 mile round trip commute experience immeasurably.
Here's the question...
Has anyone got suggestions or advice - based on experience with this bicycle: can I "adjust" the standard cheaper blades myself; are their alternatives (seen a set made by bondager for a 700 wheel but same adjust questions); should I wear cut off waterproof trousers all winter to avoid a wet r-s; or, resign myslef to stumping up the differential.

My Latest Route: Jan 2013 Foxton Locks From Corby
seomind 04 Mar 12:01  

Bike:

My Profile
If it's not too much trouble share more like that. PlanNet Marketing Review

seomind 04 Mar 12:05  

Bike:

My Profile
I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to explore and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge. Shaklee Review

seomind 04 Mar 12:12  

Bike:

My Profile
After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Shaklee Review

seomind 04 Mar 12:15  

Bike:

My Profile
This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Shaklee Review

seomind 04 Mar 12:19  

Bike:

My Profile
I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to explore and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge. The Land Geek Review

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.