We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Manchester to London

Shawy 06 Jan 12:33  

Bike:

Is there any one out there that can help I am trying to find a cycle route from manchester to London me and a friend are doing the ride for charity we plan on doing the ride in summer so if any one can help that would be great.

claystevens 09 Jan 03:16  

Bike:

Didn't have the clue of the route, hope others can help you.

rustyspoke 12 Jan 07:29  

Bike:

My Profile
First of all how long do plan to take to do the ride where you going to stay overnight
and whats your back up plan or support crew.
Then route
Coming out of Manchester you would need to head out through
Stockport Poynton
Macclesfield
This bit alone is fairly hilly and you need to pick your roads carefully as some are busy.
Then head for Stoke on Trent
Burton on Trent
Nuneaton
This moves you eastward you need then to drop down towards northampton then towards Luton
I would suggest you drive the route before you do it also use cycle routes if your not use to road cycling.
Done a few big rides in my time I am an out and out road man always have been but you really need to know the route and a lot of planning needed
Good Luck
From a Manchester exile

Shawy 13 Jan 13:13  

Bike:

Thanks for your reply we plan on doing the ride in one hit with a few short breaks and plan on doing it in the summer so the more advise the better thanks for your advice.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.