We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Leeds Liverpool Canal Run, Any Tips

woodowl 14 Nov 19:30  

Bike:

My Profile
I"ve always wanted to do the Leeds Liverpool Canal run.
I live in Wigan so would get the train to leeds and then cycle from there.
I should imagine that theres plenty members on here that have done the ride,if so,can you let me know of any bad area"s along the ride as i"m considering doing it next spring/summer

vavb 15 Nov 10:23  

Bike:

I live about a mile away from the canal in Colne.
I quite often ride the stretch from Skipton via Gargrave to Burnley and back.
The stretch from Skipton to Gargrave is a bit rough, unless you have a mountain bike, especially if its been raining a lot.
From the locks at Barnoldswick to Burnley it is ok, it is surfaced, in places its better than our roads.
Dave

woodowl 15 Nov 19:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Cheers for the reply Dave.
The canal is on my doorstep (2 mins away)so i can just get on it and go,ive cycled it so many times in each direction but i"ve always wanted to do the full length,
My best mate was "so called "doing it with me last year but he"s about as reliable as a monk on a bender.
Ive decided to do it on my jack jones,just need to buy a tent then im good to go.

geeka 20 Dec 11:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, if you are thinking of doing it, how many days are you going to do it in? i want to do it in the summer but incorporate afew beers and a laugh.

geeka 30 Jan 06:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Right I am doing it over 2 days in summer, 65 miles a day. Does anyone have any training tips for me? i do about 20 miles a day 4 days a week (up and down hills) and have a good level of fitness.
What will i need in my rucksack?

matthat 31 Jan 13:52  

Bike:

My Profile
I live in Scarisbrick lancs right on the canal and have ridden all the way into Liverpool and also done a bit out towards parbold and beyond!! The best advice I can give is use extra thick inner tubes or lined tires for extra thorn resistance!! Other than that its a really pretty ride so enjoy!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.