We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Lands End to Lowestoft route

mattb25 17 Nov 13:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Has anyone cycled from Lands End to Lowestoft before? If so, could i pinch your route??

In an ideal world we'd like to go South of London rather than through. also avoiding any big roads, country lanes are our kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

My Latest Route: Mar 2010 Mildenhall to Great Yarmouth
len2012 24 Nov 12:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Matt
I cycled Lands end to Brightlingsea, Colchester Essex (Approx 800 miles), following the coast as much as poss, if you take a look at www.thegreattour.org and you can follow their route, thats what I did, it follows the coast all around Britain. Didn't enjoy the west country much though because of the hills, but to make up for it the scenery is brilliant, and from Hayling Island to Dover is virtually flat and cycle path, when were you thinking of going?
Best of luck
Len

My Latest Route: Apr 2010 Brightlingsea Circular

mattb25 25 Nov 12:45  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the info.

looking to go 2nd week in June (no exact dates yet. I've started plotting a route on Google. i'm surprised there aren't any proper recorded route available

My Latest Route: Mar 2010 Mildenhall to Great Yarmouth

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.