We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Drivers annoying habits

geeka 26 Jan 09:26  

Bike:

My Profile
Im a regular cyclist to and from work and have to deal with rush hour traffic but what annoys you the most when you are cycling (other than trying to kill you and ignoring you exist)? one of mine is when you are on a narrow road and cycling up a hill and they get stuck behind you then decide to beep........what the *beep* am i supposed to do, go in the gutter? i bet there are some more we can all identify with!

txbnet 27 Jan 04:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Just my opinion but I don't think this thread will help, after all we are all cyclists and some of us are part time motorists also and because of that probably have a little more awareness when passing a cyclist. But the thread could just alienate folk more against cyclists if we are portrayed as a bunch of road users with a grievance against car drivers. Lets all get along!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

eltelio 27 Jan 10:05  

Bike:

My Profile
IMHO, and speaking as a professional and social motorist, and a cyclist, I couldnt agree more with that txbnet. Spending so much time on the road in all capacities I often become complacent and think that I have seen it all. Then a road user comes along and completely stupifies me with the stunts they pull. I say road user because this includes cyclists. Theres good and bad in all socio-groups, so please lets not start a witch hunt. I'm all for an easy life so lets put the guns back in the cupboard..

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

eltelio 23 Jul 10:51  

Bike:

My Profile
I'd just like to refer you to a previous thread "drivers annoying habits" 27 jan 2012. We're all trying to get somewhere!

My Latest Route: May 2012 Wylam and Beyond

spaceman 23 Jul 14:44  

Bike:

My Profile
I guess we are all stupid sometimes, well at least I am. But when I realise I have been stupid I find the best thing is to apologise to those you have been stupid to. They normally accept that and everything is fine. Chill your beans, as my wife says.

My Latest Route: Jul 2012 Bedworth to Startford Via Fosse Way and Return Via Kenilworth

BusterG 25 Jul 08:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi all.
I generally find that drivers i meet are fine.
I stay as far left as possible and try not to wobble towards the center, regularly give thumbs up and nods to drivers who wait or allow me plenty of room.
Generally when infrequently cutup I give a cheery wave as if to say "hi, i was here all the time".
Saying that most of the drivers i meet in the hampshire rural lanes are tractor drivers.

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

dawes-rider 25 Jul 15:40  

Bike:

My Profile
think the thing to do is all get along yes there are some bad drivers out there but also some bad cyclists also, jumping red lights , riding right across the road,
the thing to do is make your self be seen, don't cycle in dark outfits, also don't cycle in the gutter make sure that the driver has to pull out to overtake you and not think to them selfs " i can get through that gap"
get a good bike insurance. i just think to myself at the near misses that could have cost you £1500 for my bike even if you tap me.

My Latest Route: May 2013 Newark Route 64

larrymartin1job 23 Dec 02:20  

Bike:

My Profile
I feel your pain. The uphill battle coupled with honking from behind is beyond aggravating. Wish there was more mutual understanding on the road.
Best Roadshow Car Services in Greenwich CT

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.