We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling in the Picos de Europa mountains, Spain

anerley bicycle club 22 Feb 10:10  

Bike:

My Profile
For the last 2 years I have been helping out some local youths with fitness training and bike maintenance for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme. One of this year's boys lost his mother to cancer. He wanted to do something, with his Dad, to raise money for our local cancer charity. I suggested a bike ride, and they said "Yes, but it must be challenging". So the idea took off.
In 2005 I lead a small group from by club, the Anerley Bicycle Club, on a ride across northern Spain. It was a great ride and enroute we passed through the Picos de Europa mountains. Magnificent scenery, and certainly challenging!
Just the place for our 2 week charity bike ride. I am now getting them trained up for some challenging hill work in the Cantabrian mountains of northern Spain. How many 14 year old boys get a chance of adventure like this!
In addition to longer weekend rides to build their stamina, I have a short local circuit to improve their hill climbing abilities. It certainly gets the heart rate up!
See http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Purley_Hill_Training_Loop_-Cycle-Route-4209.html

My Latest Route: Nov 2012 Croydon to Tea Room At Knockholt, and Back.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.